Notice to Consumer Please read all information completely.
All Site content — including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, trademarks, logos, text, sounds, music, and the Site as a whole (collectively, “Content”) — is under copyright or trademark, or is otherwise intellectual property owned or licensed by DTI. Unless otherwise noted, none of the Content is presented for replication or use beyond those parameters discussed below.
The user may access or download Content from the Site for personal, noncommercial purposes, provided the user maintains and adheres to all copyright and/or other notices inherent in the content, whether explicitly or implicitly noted. No other use of any Content is permitted unless specifically permitted in writing by DTI.
It is understood that any user will present him/herself truthfully when using the Site, and will not impersonate another person or entity, or falsely misrepresent an affiliation with a person or entity, for purposes of using the Site.
The user will not upload, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish on or to the Site:
- Content that contains advertisements, promotions, other solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or similar contrivances;
- Content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, embarrassing to any other person or entity, or otherwise inappropriate. DTI retains the explicit right to determine whether content meet these criteria;
- Content that infringes on the rights of any third party or that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights, without the express permission of the owner of such rights; or
- Software viruses or other harmful technical components.
- The user will only make lawful use of the Site, and will use the Site only in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Any Content added or contributed by a user becomes the property of DTI, and DTI retains the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivations of, or otherwise use, for any purpose and in any form, the content a user contributes.
- It is not the intention of DIT to provide medical or healthcare information or advice. Any medical information contained in this Site is provided for general information and educational purposes only. The information within the Site is in no way intended to be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or care.
- Any opinions, advice, statements, and judgments, or other information or content expressed or made available to the user via links to other sites from within the Site are those of the respective author(s) and in no way indicate approval, agreement, or advocacy by DTI. DTI does not endorse, nor is it responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any content provided on any site other than its own.
- The user assumes all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and risks inherent in using/sending content over the Internet and shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless DTI and its affiliates and partners from and against any liabilities, judgments, costs, or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of the user’s engagement with the Site.
- The Site is intended for adults aged 18 and older. It is not intended for or directed at persons under the age of 18. If a user is under the age of 18, he/she may not register or submit personally identifiable information to or through the Site.
- At all times, DTI reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications or postings that are negative, abusive, or disruptive to the purpose or business of the Site;
- Forward communications about patient services, compliance concerns or other types of concerns/complaints to the appropriate DTI department;
- Monitor and/or terminate an individual user’s access at any time, for any reason and without notice, solely at the discretion of DTI.
- Reports of copyright infringement, harassment, or use of the Site in a manner that the user believe violates any law, rule, regulation or DTI policy should be reported in writing to: The Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at (888) 370-7589, or through the bureau’s website: www.bppe.ca.gov.
Information DTI might collect from a Site user
When a user requests information through the Site, DTI will collect the user’s name, email, phone, and other information. We may also collect any information provided by users through social media, as applicable. DTI does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 under any circumstances, and should DTI become aware that personal information comes from an underage user, we will delete the information from our records.
Use of the information we collect
The information DTI collects through the Site will be used for:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our services and programs
- To send marketing information about DTI programs or services, or other information that we think the user may find interesting
- To contact the user for market research purposes
Sharing the information we collect
DTI will never sell a user’s information, but may share a user’s information with any or all of the following:
- As necessary, vendors that provide web-related services on our behalf. Such vendors are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- As necessary to comply with legal requirements (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Cookies or similar technologies
For analytical purposes, DTI employs certain web-based technologies to collect aggregate and non-personal information about a user’s visit to the Site. This information cannot be used to identify the user as an individual.
DTI is committed to ensuring that all information within any of its systems including those employed here on the Site, is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, a user’s information, we utilize various physical, electronic and administrative procedures that safeguard and secure the information we collect on the Site.
Links to other websites
Reports of violations of any law, rule, regulation or DTI policy should be reported in writing to: The Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at (888) 370-7589, or through the bureau’s website: www.bppe.ca.gov.