There is no profit in curing the body if, in the process, we destroy the soul.
-Samuel H. Golter, former Executive Director, City of Hope Hospital Duarte CA.
Nancy’s outgoing and friendly personality make it easy to see that she’s passionate about patient health advocacy. Upon working for DTI she came to realize that she had a strong passion for the field and wanted to become more involved. She is very knowledgeable about dialysis and healthcare practices in larger and smaller units. She is involved with all aspects of student registration and helps future students understand what it takes to succeed. The professional world has demands and she wants to help DTI students meet those demands. Her endless effort to help students through the program shows how much she cares. Nancy wants to help students succeed and make their dreams become a reality.
Personal Pursuits She takes great pride in her volunteer efforts, especially for those living with the stresses and complications of cancer. Nancy enjoys spending her time traveling, reading novels, gardening and cooking. She is actively and enthusiastically involved in the Koi hobby and culture and is well known for her expertise and grand champion Koi.
Her favorite thing to do with her off time is spend time with the ones she loves. She is a wife and mother and a very proud grandmother (to Johnathon and Ariana).
Degrees and Certifications
- American Heart Association BLS CPR/AED for health care 2013
- Admissions Training, California Association of Private Postsecondary School
- Security Awareness Training, End Stage Renal Disease Network 18
- Workplace Safety Course, OSHA
- HIPAA Compliance Training, Fresenius Medical Care
- Member National Kidney Foundation (NKF)
- Member Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technolog
- California Certified Notary Public 2014
- Artesia High School Graduate,
- Fundraiser Events Associated Koi Clubs of America (AKCA) 1994-2006